They Are At It Again

On a recent afternoon in the salt marsh I was not at all surprised to see a pair of snowy egrets engaged in an altercation. As best as I can determine, snowys spend approx. 60% of their lives fussing and squabbling with one another. The remaining 40% will be divided among feeding, mating (I don’t know how they manage to stop fighting long enough to accomplish that), flying around and resting.

But if two snowy egrets find themselves in the same spot at the same time you can usually count on a fully fluffed up incident to occur.

It’s snowys being snowys, that’s what they do!

Snowy Egrets Argument in the Salt Marsh

Snowy Egrets Argument in the Salt Marsh

Snowy Egrets Argument in the Salt Marsh

9 thoughts on “They Are At It Again

  1. They could be in a Kung Fu movie for sure! These guys are really something with all their fluffing and puffing! Great shots.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: